As part of the psychiatry research track at the University of California, Davis, School of Medicine, I’ve had the opportunity to work on numerous peer-reviewed publications, book chapters, and articles. These publications include works in JAMA, JMIR (Journal of Medical Internet Research), Telemedicine and e-Health, Current Psychiatry Reports, and books published by Springer, American Psychiatric Association Publishing (formerly APPI), and Karger.
My thanks to mentors Drs. Yellowlees, Hinton, Suo, Lim, and my amazing colleagues.
- S.R. Chan, P. Dharmasena, M. Burke-Parish, L. Hinton, P. Yellowlees. “Disparities in language interpretation, and use of automated language translation with mobile devices in psychiatric and medical outpatient encounters”. In process 2015.
- R. Chan, M. Parish, P. Yellowlees. “Telepsychiatry today.” Current Psychiatry Reports. Article submitted 2015.
- Peek, C. MacMillan, L. Cox, O. Muir, S. R. Chan, M. Caton. “Blogging & social media for mental health education and advocacy.” Current Psychiatry Reports. Article submitted 2015.
- Yellowlees, S. R. Chan, M. Parish. “The hybrid doctor-patient relationship in the age of technology: Telepsychiatry Consultations and the use of Virtual Space.” International Review of Psychiatry. Article in progress 2015.
- E. Snowdy, E. Z. Shoemaker, S. R. Chan, D. M. Hilty. “Social Media and Clinical Practice: What Stays the Same, What Changes and How to Plan Ahead?” e-Mental Health, to be published Sep 2015. Springer.
- R. Chan, J. B. Torous, L. Hinton, P. M. Yellowlees. “Psychiatric apps: patient self-assessment, communication, and potential treatment interventions.” e-Mental Health, to be published Sep 2015. Springer.
- Yellowlees, M. Parish, S. R. Chan, D. M. Hilty. “Telepsychiatry: Effective, Evidence-Based And At A Tipping Point In Healthcare Delivery?” Psychiatric Clinics of North America PSC 38.3 Clinical Psychiatry: Recent Advances and Future Directions, edited by D. Baron, L. Gross. Chapter submitted 2015.
- Heiman, S. R. Chan, A. Maye. “Geriatric Preventive Care.” Chapter in Study Guide for Preventive Medical Care in Psychiatry. To be published 2015. American Psychiatric Publishing Inc.
- Torous, S.R. Chan, M. Tan, J. Behrens, I. Mathew, L. Hinton, P. Yellowlees, M. Keshavan. “Smartphone Ownership and Interest in Mobile Applications to Monitor Symptoms of Mental Health Conditions: A Survey Study of Four Geographically Distinct Clinics.” JMIR Mental Health 2014; 1(1):e5. DOI: 10.2196/mental.4004.
- S.R. Chan, S. Misra. “Certification of mobile apps for health care.” JAMA. 2014 Sep 17;312(11):1155-6. doi: 10.1001/jama.2014.9002. PMID: 25226486
- S.R. Chan, J. Torous, L. Hinton, P. Yellowlees. “Towards a framework for evaluating mobile mental health smartphone applications.” Telemedicine and e-Health. 2015 Jul 14. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 26171663.
- S.R. Chan, J. Torous, L. Hinton, P. Yellowlees. “Mobile Tele-Mental Health: Increasing Applications and a Move to Hybrid Models of Care.” Healthcare. 2014. 2(2), 220-233; doi:10.3390/healthcare2020220
- J.H. Calinaisan, S.R. Chan, A. King, P.J. Chan. “Human papillomavirus and blastocyst apoptosis.” J Assist Reprod Genet. 2002 Mar;19(3):132-6. PMID: 12005308
- R.S. Raman, P.J. Chan, J.U. Corselli, W.C. Patton, J.D. Jacobson, S.R. Chan, A. King. “Comet assay of cumulus cell DNA status and the relationship to oocyte fertilization via intracytoplasmic sperm injection.” Hum Reprod. 2001 May;16(5):831-5. PMID: 11331625.
- P.J. Chan, J.U. Corselli, W.C. Patton, J.D. Jacobson, S.R. Chan, A. King. “A simple comet assay for archived sperm correlates DNA fragmentation to reduced hyperactivation and penetration of zona-free hamster oocytes.” Fertil Steril. 2001 Jan;75(1):186-92. PMID: 11163836.